Effective: April 16, 2019
Welcome to Blaze!
FUNDAMENTAL PRINCIPLES. At Blaze, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy:
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it.
- We respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating the Services.
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of the Services.
- Website access must be via login credentials which consist of first name, last name and email address of the user.
US COPPA COMPLIANCE. Blaze complies with all laws and regulations as laid out in the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. This means that Blaze:
- does not require a child to disclose more information than is reasonably necessary to participate in an activity;
- does not knowingly collect, use, or distribute personal information from children under the age of 13 without prior verifiable consent from a parent or guardian;
- will not knowingly keep any personal information that is inadvertently included in a child’s submission, email, help inquiry or other one-time request, if we know that the child is under the age of 13. Any such information will be purged promptly after the issue as been discovered and resolved.
- allows parents to review their child’s personal information, direct us to delete it, and to refuse to allow any further collection or use of the child’s information;
- for children under 13, student accounts can only be created with the approval from a parent or guardian.
- by default, submissions are private and can only be made public with the approval of a parent or guardian.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU. We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of signing up for Services including a user’s name, email address, content that may be entered into a trail, journal or other submission and, for students, school grade.
- Anonymized information about your use of the Website aggregated into categories which may including, without limitation, grouped ages, trail usage, click in trails and generalized geolocation information.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES. We may collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customize our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognize you when you return to our site.
TRANSMISSION OF PERSONAL DATA. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION. We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the Services, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to the Services.
- To communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, for marketing, research, participation in contests, surveys, promotional purposes, via emails, notifications, or other messages, consistent with any permissions you communicated to us.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, hosting providers, developers, suppliers and subcontractors to support the performance of the Services.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Website
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Blaze or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
ADVERTISEMENT. Blaze may display ads on its Website or as part of its Service but will not disclose or process your personal data for marketing purposes or participate in any services that track visitors or users to display targeted ads on other websites. Advertisers may collect data about your online browsing activity and use it to show you targeted ads (a process known as “behavioral advertising”).
You can prevent targeted ads by adjusting your browser setting. Opting-out will only prevent targeted ads so you may continue to see generic (non-targeted ads) from these companies after you opt-out.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES. Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites or share a submission or other content from the Website on another website, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION. You have the right to access information held about you or, if you are a parent or guardian, about your child. For further information about your right of access, please contact us. For contact information, please see the “Contact us” section below. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
222 W Merchandise Mart #1212
Chicago, IL 60654
Copyright © 2019 Blaze. All Rights Reserved.